Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ugly Toes

The entry in Wikipedia that is the bane of my pedicure.

Old

New Revised version of the entry, including my changes. (Someone made different changes after me, but this still includes my changes).

The first entry didn't have links back to other wiki entries for words such as sylph and ballerina. I don't know about you, but if I weren't a dancer, I would know what a sylph is. So I figured a hyperlink back to the definition of it would be kinda helpful in describing the allure that pointe shoes bring characters who dance on them.

The next edit I made was a little footnote to clarify the word shank. I mean shank is a word that shares many meanings:
It could be a weapon, a poor golf shot, a cut of meat, a bird, part of a ship's anchor... and so on. But none of these give any indication to what part of the shoe it is, (unless you use my shoe as a weapon if you throw it at someone). So I found the Wiki entry for shank, found the ballet definition and added it along with a footnote.

No comments: